Long gone were the days, when writing quality content was enough to outperform our competitors. As competition has increased a lot, quality content isn’t enough to rank higher. This is where Keyword Research and SEO comes into play.
Keyword Research provides a direction to the whole process of SEO you are doing to rank your website. There are a lot of techniques being used to do Keyword Research. Some of them are outdated and have lost their effectiveness, whereas some of the techniques still work.
Here’s a list of some best techniques which can be used to do proper keyword research for an eCommerce platform:
Udemy.com is a popular e-learning platform connecting mentors with learners. A lot of courses in different niches are being published by experts. Each and every course page act as a good sales copy including some hidden keywords.
Here’s how you can extract keywords from Udemy.com Course Pages:
- Create a free account on Udemy.
- Tap on the Categories button located at the top menu bar.
- Select the category in which you are operating and selling products.
- Go through the different courses and select the Best Sellers.
- Open the course sales page.
- Go through the description area to find out some potential keywords.
- Once you are done with the description area, go through the curriculum section.
- You’ll also find tons of quality keywords there.
2. See the Questions Being Asked Repeatedly on Quora
Quora is one of the best platforms where people ask questions to get answers from real people. It can be a good place to find user intent keywords. Here we have breakdown the process of finding the best phrases and user intent on Quora.com
- Go to the Quora Platform.
- Search for your niche and select the topic having maximum followers.
- When the topic appears, click on it to see questions being asked by real people.
- Go through the questions relevant to your niche.
- This way, you can find some right and potential keywords for your e-commerce business.
3. Amazon can be a Good Place to Find Buyer Intent Keywords
Since Amazon is one of the biggest e-commerce platforms out there, most of the people go to Amazon to find their products. So, it can be a good place to start with. Here’s how you can find some good keywords on Amazon:
- Go to the Amazon Platform.
- Search for the product that you are selling on your own e-commerce platform.
- Now, you’ll see a lot of keyword suggestions and it can help you to find some potential keywords.
- Along with this, you can go through the categories page of Amazon to find some more keywords.
- You will see the keywords which Amazon uses to target its customers.
- Instead, you can also go through the product pages relevant to your product.
- Take an in-depth look at the description and titles to find some potential keywords.
4. Use SEMRush to Steal Competitors Keywords
The best strategy you can use to beat your competitors is to understand the strategy of your competitors and then employ a better strategy than them. There are a lot of tools that allow you to spy on your competitors. SEMRush is one of those. Let’s have a look at how you can use SEMRush to find quality keywords:
- Go to SEMRush and login to your account.
- Type in your competitor’s domain in the Domain overview section.
- Then, tap on the Organic Research located at the left menu bar.
- On the next page, you’ll see a plethora of good keywords.
- You can get some quality keywords from there.
- Instead, you can also use the Keyword Magic Tool to find some keyword suggestions.
- In this tool, all you have to do is just type in your main keyword and you’ll see a list of potential long-tail keywords,
5. Wikipedia Pages Can be Used to Find Quality Keywords
Wikipedia can be a good source of quality keywords as they have perfectly organized their content. Here’s how Wikipedia can help you to find potential keywords:
- Go to the Wikipedia Platform.
- Type in your targeted main keyword in the search bar.
- It will show you the Wikipedia page for the same.
- Now, navigate to the contents section.
- In the contents section, you’ll see several terms being discussed in the niche.
- All these terms can be used as good potential keywords.
- Along with this, you can also go through the internally linked pages to find some more potential keywords.